Posts Tagged ‘mother’s day’
In our search to find a unique experience to gift mom this Mother’s Day, our good friend Elaine D’Farley reminded us about the gesture of breakfast in bed.
It was genius! What mom wouldn’t want to wake up to a delicious omelet, fruit salad, tea, coffee and of course flowers on the side. But the best part about this breakfast is that the ingredients are all Whole Trade from Whole Foods Market. So we feel good about taking care of mom on her special day and at the same time also taking care of farm workers and their families in other countries too.
It’s the gift that keeps on giving.
More ideas here!
The LifeMinute team took a trip to Miami…but instead of soaking up rays, we stopped by the office of mother/daughter derm duo Dr. Mayoral and Dr. Vega to steal their tips for turning back the hands of time.
The docs tell us their number one tip for looking youthful is sun protection. It’s very important to wear sunscreen everyday, 365 days a year, SPF 30.
Other ways to look younger is with in-office procedures. It’s best to start early so changes are gradual and not extreme. Dr. Mayoral and Vega are seeing this as a trend. The ones they recommend are Radiesse, Xeomin and Belotero.
For more info check out lifeminute.tv/beauty/video/mother-s-day-gift-youth
It doesn’t have to be Mother’s Day to celebrate that special woman in your life you call “Mom.” So here are a few of SELF magazine’s picks for making mom feel special everyday…and not just one day a year.
1. Reach Complete Care Line, so Mom won’t have to worry about when to replace her brush.
2. Tide, Downy and Bounce: the Sweet Dreams Collection, It’s perfect for all of Mom’s bedtime fabrics, from linens to PJs.
3. America’s #1-selling multi-use skincare oil Bio-Oil – great for Mom’s hair, lips, hands, nails and more.
4. Roc Retinol Correxion Deep Wrinkle Night Cream – So you can improve Mom’s bedtime beauty routine.
A few fresh ideas to show mom how much you care!
1. GUESS Girl Belle – It has a fruity scent, floral tones and top notes of berries and pink champagne, all in a super cute flower-shaped bottle.
2. Beyoncé’s Rise – An elegant fragrance of orchid, notes of Italian bergamot, golden apricot and iced basil sorbet.
3. love 2 love – A line of fragrances that combines a duo of ingredients such as fresh rose and peach to jasmine and sparkling mimosa.
4. Sally Hansen’s Complete Salon Manicure Collection – Seven benefits from shiny color to top coat, base coat and strengthener.
5. NYC Expert Last Lipstick Collection – Lasts up to six hours and has a touch of silk to go on smooth. No sticky feel.
For more gift ideas check out lifeminute.tv/beauty/video/shapes-mother-s-day-beauty-musts
Knowing what to get Mom on Mother’s Day doesn’t have to be a mystery. SELF Magazine’s beauty director, Elaine D’Farley helped us crack the case by breaking down the best gifts for all kinds of moms. Stylish Moms- Macy’s has the latest trends in clothes, jewelry and handbags. Life of the Party Mom- If she loves to entertain guests, French Bull serveware is perfect! Busy Moms- Try Tassimo new T-47 home brewing system for an easy cup of coffee to keep mom going! And if your still stumped any mom is guaranteed to love Caldrea’s new personal care line.