National Lipstick Day: Celeb Color Inspiration and Fun Facts
Take a look at some of our favorite celebs for some lip-spiration and learn some fun lipstick stats
From the LifeMinute.TV Team
July 29, 2019
It’s National Lipstick Day and we are sharing some shade inspiration from our favorite celebrity red carpet moments from Lady Gaga, Taylor Swift, Jessica Alba and Gwen Stefani to backstage at New York Fashion Week. Every color goes this season, from the boldest fuchsias to the deepest plums, even black. Want to win a free lipstick? Sign up at Poshly.com by July 29th to get one of the 25,000 lipsticks they are giving away from brands like Charlotte Tilbury, Black Radiance, Joah Cosmetics, Huda Beauty, Milani, Physician's Formula, Kat Von D and Pat McGrath Labs.
The beauty consumer research platform also shared some fun lipstick stats with us. Check them out below:
· 86% of beauty consumers wear lipstick.
· 68% wear brightly colored lipstick to make teeth appear whiter.
· 62% of beauty consumers use lipstick more often than they did three years ago.
· 23% have used red or orange lipstick as a color corrector for under-eyes.
· 83% layer lip gloss over lipstick, but only 17% always do.
· 77% like to mix lipstick shades.
· 79% use liquid lipstick (usage has doubled since 2017.)
· 42% want to use mood lipstick or mood lip gloss (only 22% currently do.)
· 73% are interested in nude or neutral lipstick shades.
· 72% like the look of purple lipstick.
· 48% like the look of orange lipstick.
· 25% love the look of blue lipstick (interest has doubled since 2016.)
· 23% would wear white lipstick.
· 15% regularly wear black lipstick.