The benefits of incorporating nuts in your daily diet
From the LifeMinute.TV Team
October 22nd, 2021
National Nut Day is October 22nd. Here are the reasons why you should incorporate these seed kernels into your daily diet and ways to do it.
Nuts are packed with nutrients, including vitamin E, magnesium, phosphorus, copper, manganese, and selenium. Antioxidants, including the polyphenols in nuts, can combat oxidative stress by neutralizing free radicals. They may also lower cholesterol and triglycerides levels and aid in weight loss because fiber and protein can help dieters feel full longer.
Most Nutritious Nuts
Even though all nuts may be generally good for you, some are superior to others. Here are some of the most nutritious.
- Almonds: contain more fiber than any other popular nut and are the highest in Vitamin E
- Macadamia nuts: contain more heart-healthy monounsaturated fat than other nuts per serving
- Walnuts: contain more healthful antioxidants and omega-3 fatty acids than other nuts
- Pistachios: full of fiber, minerals, and unsaturated fat that can help keep your blood sugar, blood pressure, and cholesterol in check
- Pecans: good source of fiber, copper, thiamine, and zinc
Ways to Eat More
Eating more nuts can be easy! Snack on them raw or make a trail mix combining different nuts and dried fruits as a great snack on the go. Add them to other healthy dishes, such as a topping on salad or a salad dressing ingredient. Nuts are also great for breakfast on your favorite cereal or yogurt. Enjoy them with a cheese spread or baked with pie too.