How to Master the Squat
How to do them, variations and the benefits
From the LifeMinute.TV Team
April 2, 2021
Squatting is one of the most dynamic exercises you can do at home. Here is how to do them correctly and switch up the move for maximum benefits.
How to do them
- Stand with feet a little wider than hip width apart
- Make sure your toes are facing front
- Bend your knees, let your hips go back as if you are sitting in a chair
- Keep your chest up, torso straight and shoulders back
- Straighten legs to stand upright again
Variations of the Squat
Up the cardio level by doing a jump squat. Add more weight with a barbell, dumbbells or a kettle bell. If you want to really challenge yourself try to do a pistol squat, which is a one-legged squat with your non-standing leg extended out in front.
Benefits of Squatting
You can burn an average of 35 calories per minute squatting which is more than running. Squats also build muscles all over your body including your core. The best part is you can literally do the move anywhere.